Why is China making it more hard to get visas?

Visa requirements for China

Moderator: NewEra

OgulcaN

Why is China making it more hard to get visas?

Post by OgulcaN » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:16 pm

It has nothing to do with the fact of it becoming more difficult. It has to do with the fact that people need to follow the laws and rules that have always in place. What I mean by this is that if you intend to work, for example, you need to hold a work permit and related visa. The days of non-Chinese coming to China and working on business visas or tourist visas are over. There are many ways that one can obtain the correct visa for the purpose of their trip. Also, the government has been giving harsher punishments for people that are not following the law, which is good in a sense because it gives credit for those that are here and that are doing the right thing with regards to their status. The same is true in the US or any other country, nationals of that country would expect that non-nationals follow the laws that are in place. This is no different. I have lived and worked in China for the past five years and have never had a visa related problem. I have always held a work permit and related visa as most importantly I am working here, and secondly because the costs of maintaining other types of visas whereby the time and travel expense from frequent trips out of the country quickly adds up. If you have questions on this topic, feel free to contact me privately.

OgulcaN

Re: Why is China making it more hard to get visas?

Post by OgulcaN » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:17 pm

I find the previous answers relatively biased. Foreigners in China all proud that they are the "good foreigners" who follow the rules, and want the "bad foreigners" out. Chinese complaining that it is equally hard for them to get a visa for the EU or the US.

Of course the EU and US make it hard for the Chinese to get visas. They also make it hard for Indians, Arabs and most of the world. The reason? The world is full of people who would love to emigrate to those countries, China included. Even if only 5% of Chinese people want to emigrate to Europe or America, that's still a whole lot of people. Thus the governments try and be careful.

OgulcaN

Reciprocal procedures. If USA visa is more difficult for Chinese citizens, China will add layers of procedures.

OgulcaN

Political events such as G20, DAVOS, etc… visa issuance may be halted from HK or nearby Asian counties or suspended trouble maker countries. This is a temporary duration.

OgulcaN

Embassy / consulate lack of unified process. Chinese Embassy / consulate across the world have a uniform process but its more of a guideline. Best to use visa agencies in that country to get the latest process. The largest visa agency also have the inside track to get the visa quickly and or tell you what and how to prepare the application

OgulcaN

Because of China's economic growth, it has attracted a lot of people, many of whom don't have useful skills.

At the same time, some of these people have been troublemakers, and have made a generally poor impression on Chinese.

The tighter visa policies are partially aimed at making it more difficult for these people to enter and stay in China.

Another factor was the appointment of a new president and administration. Visas are always harder to get when there are major political conferences in China.

OgulcaN

Because China government don’t want foreigners to steal jobs from Chinese people. For Chinese people, fresh graduates in particular, it’s already tough to get a job as competition is fierce.

If you’re a native English speaker and want to teach English in China, it’s not very difficult to get a visa. If you’re a top talent, it’s also pretty easy. In other words, if you have something that Chinese people don’t have, China welcomes you. Go there and teach them. But if you are just like any other regular person, and don’t have enough experience or other skills that allow you to get enough point, well, might be pretty tough.

OgulcaN

Post by OgulcaN » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:18 pm

Generally it is the same fee charged by US government just like the way it is being done to Brazil as well. It has move to better direction where 10 years multiple visit visa is being offered to perk up tourism as well as 72 hour visa free visit plus state sponsored airfare recently on all state owned airlines. Change happens slowly in certain aspects but it has been changes in positive directions for most of the world.

OgulcaN

China’s home security is tired of giving work visas to English language teachers who cant speak ,write or read English. Better worded they tired of approving visa’s to individuals that exploit the ignorant masses of China.

OgulcaN

It isn't necessarily. China has instituted a 3 tiered Visa system. The A group are highly skilled including university professors. I just read an article that this group will be fast tracked. The B group is professionals which, as a teacher I am in. I had no problem getting my work visa and foreign experts. The C group are unskilled workers which will be the smallest group to get visas.

Now, determine which group you are in. If A or B you shouldn't have undue difficulty. Depending on your specific job, you will need documentation. I, for example, needed hard copies of my diplomas and my teaching license. If you are here for work, your employer should know what documentation.

Before you arrive, you’d be wise to have your documention stamped by your embassy in your home country, and get a criminal bacground check.

HenrySow

Why is China making it more hard to get visas

Post by HenrySow » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Been announced today that the Thai Government WILL Issue FREE Tourist Visas again from April 1st Together with a FREE 10,000 USD RIOT INSURANCE.......Can You Believe THIS, I Mean that WILL make people SIT UP & Read it in their Travel Brochures........ARE They Completely STUPID,or are they really that Pushed for MORE Touirists, We were told a few weeks back by TAT That tourism numbers were on the RISE,So why this change of heart.........More Bullshit as Ronnie would say.....

FrankScugs

Why is China making it more hard to get visas

Post by FrankScugs » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:27 am

you hear of unemployed brits going into the UK embassy in BKK and getting visas for their gals ,amazing how they do it